Career Options and Outlook via Dental Assisting – Maricopa County, AZ
Helping You Build Your Professional Future
At A-Z School of Dental Assisting & Front Office, we are fully dedicated to help those not only obtain attentive and skilled services essential for dental settings, but helping professionals explore the wide variety of career opportunities available in the field. Interested in a patient-focused career with plenty of room for growth? Dental assisting just might be for you!
What Opportunities are Available for Dental Assistants?
Dental assistants perform a variety of jobs within any given office, regardless of the day. Not only are there multiple exciting job opportunities to consider, but there are many ways to incorporate the knowledge and training you’ve accumulated during your studies. For example, you can find dental assisting to be applicable in the following circumstances:
- Assisting dentists in general practices
- Opting to work in specialty practices, which includes prosthodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, pediatrics and more
- Schools, clinics, or governments providing better oral health services for the community
- Dental clinics focused on dental trauma care and helping bedridden patients
- Dental schools dedicated to educating future dental assistants
- Dental labs, which design and fabricate nightguards, whitening trays, prosthetics and other oral devices
- Representatives for dental products as well as employees of dental insurance providers who process claims
Is There a Path for Advancement?
Those who pursue dental assisting school in Maricopa County can gain a breadth of knowledge, ensuring they have many chances to grow and develop within the profession. For example, they can complete continuing education in order to gain more function as a dental assisting or become a dental hygienist. They can even train to perform tasks suited for a ceramist or go on to earn a doctoral degree in dentistry. When it comes to dental assisting, the sky is truly the limit!
What is the Career Outlook for Dental Assisting?
Considered to be one of the fastest growing career fields, as research has shown, there’s much to look forward to in terms of outlook. For example:
- More than 300,000 jobs in dental assisting were available in 2014, according to the Board of Labor Statistics. The field is even projected to grow as much as 18 percent between 2014 and 2024!
- Furthermore, a study from U.S. News & World Report showed that the field is expected to grow an additional 25 percent by 2022. Both of these reports show higher rates of growth on average compared to most professions. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranks dental assisting #30 in best health care jobs. They even marked it #67 for best job overall! In their notes, they mention that these rankings were determined based on payment to training ratio, future career opportunities, job satisfaction, and other measurements focused on career success.
- Finally, it’s common for complete training and certification for dental assisting to cost less then $10,000 with the average assistant making about $35,000 per year, despite only working four days out of the week. While dental assistants typically make between $24,000 and $48,000 annually, you can expect higher paying salaries in places like Manchester, NH, San Francisco, CA, and Haverhill, MA.
We’re Ready to Support You
When you choose A-Z School of Dental Assisting & Front Office to start your career in dental assisting in Maricopa County, you can expect our instructors to help you prepare everything you need to get hired. This includes personalized resumes, cover letters, and recommendations to help get your foot in the door. We’ll even help you learn the basics of externships, potential job opportunities, and nailing your interview.
Get in Touch With Our Office Today!
Claudia Pohl, the previous president of the American Dental Assistant Association, notes that the best thing that you can do if you’re interested in dental assisting is seek education and training. Whether you’re in a state that does or does not require education and certification, getting dedicated training can make you far more marketable as a dental professional. We hope that you contact A-Z School of Dental Assisting & Front Office today as we’re more than prepared to help you learn the field and become an asset to any dental office. To get started, you can talk to one of our instructors by calling them at (480) 467-3375.